Apex applies strict conditions on the use of your home and is committed to preventing, detecting and tackling tenancy fraud.
Use of your home
You must occupy the property as a private dwelling and as your only or principal home. You must not use the property or the area surrounding the dwelling for any commercial business.
Apex may grant permission for childminding. If you wish to operate a childminding service from home, you must obtain the written permission of Apex before doing so. Further information may be obtained by contacting your housing officer.
Tenancy fraud is the use of social housing by someone who is not entitled to it. Apex is committed to preventing, detecting and tackling tenancy fraud. To assist with the prevention of tenancy fraud, Apex will request tenants to provide photographic identification.
Types of tenancy fraud include:
- Giving false information in a housing application to improve the chances of getting a property
- Abandonment of the property and living elsewhere
- Subletting the property to someone who is not entitled to live there
- False succession where the tenancy is taken over, often on the death of the tenant, by someone who falsely claims to have been living there for some time
- Providing misleading information on a house sales application
- Unlawful assignment which occurs when a tenant has moved out and given the property to someone else which allows them to ‘queue jump’ the waiting list and bypass the assessment for social housing