Apex Housing Association Ltd is obliged to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Data protection is the fair and proper use of information about people.
Your tenancy agreement is a contract between you and Apex. We collect and hold personal information in order to enable us to comply with our obligations to you under that contract. Apex has a responsibility to ensure tenants adhere to the terms and conditions of their tenancy. We may also hold personal information that relates to the performance of your obligations as a tenant.
Who do we release your information to?
There may be circumstances where Apex has a responsibility to share personal data with others. Those circumstances are prescribed by law.
Any disclosure of personal data is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
What are the relevant data protection principles?
Personal data held about you must satisfy the following data protection principles:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for specific purposes and not in any way incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights