Apex plans for the maintenance, redecoration and replacement of certain items on the basis of the expected life of the item.
The typical schedule for planned maintenance is as follows:
- External paintwork: every 4 years
- Internal painting of communal areas: every 4 years
- Replacement of kitchen units: every 20 years
- Replacement of fireplaces: every 25 years
- Replacement of baths, wash-hand basins, toilets: every 25 years
Apex may vary these periods at any time. The timing of the actual work and the replacement times for other items such as doors will depend on individual
circumstances and shall be determined by Apex. Where work to be carried out is extensive, or likely to interfere with your use of your home, Apex will consult with you well in advance of any work commencing.