Where a tenants’ association does not exist, active tenants may represent the community in a number of ways, including following up with Apex on matters that affect their area and organising events. Active tenants can become more involved in Apex activity and can influence how this may benefit their community, ensuring that their community is kept informed of important decisions. Active tenants can be involved in various ways including:
- Estate ‘walkabouts’
- Organise events for the community
- Develop effective working relationships between Apex and the community they represent to improve the delivery of housing and related services
- Provide feedback to the community being represented
- Represent an area where there is no Apex tenant association by becoming involved in an existing residents association
- Work with other active tenants in the area
- Attend active tenant network events
Tenant Participation on the Board of Management
Apex is controlled by a Board of Management consisting of unpaid members who offer their time on a voluntary basis. Members come from a wide range of
backgrounds bringing considerable expertise and experience to assist the work of Apex. The Board of Management encourages tenant participation at board level to represent the views of Apex tenants.
If you would like more information on how to become involved in any aspect of community involvement please contact your housing officer.