Apex Housing Association (Apex) aims to provide a high level of service to our tenants.
With this in mind, we have developed a number of standards regarding the quality of service that you should expect from us.
We will measure how we perform against these standards and publish the results each year.
Standard 1: Beginning of your Tenancy
At the beginning of your Tenancy we will:
- explain your tenancy
- explain your rent and any other charges and about methods of payment
- provide you with a Tenant’s Handbook
- tell you who your housing officer is and how to contact them
- assist you to complete your Housing Benefit application form, if applicable
- explain our antisocial behaviour policy
- encourage you to take out home contents insurance
- agree a date to visit you in your new home
Standard 2: During your tenancy
During your tenancy we will:
- send you a rent statement once a quarter
- send you the Apex newsletter ‘The Observer’ twice a year
- visit your estate once a month
- ask you to become involved in the decision making process
Standard 3: Anti-social Behaviour
If you have a complaint regarding anti-social behaviour we will:
- visit the complainant within a maximum of 10 working days
- work with both parties to attempt to resolve the case, if applicable
- offer mediation and support from external agencies, if applicable
- proceed to court where a notice of seeking repossession, or notice to terminate,
has been served and the behaviour continues.
Standard 4: Calls and Correspondence
- answer 90% telephone calls transferred to the Housing Department within 11
- answer 80% of letters and emails sent to the Housing Department within 10 working days of receipt. (If an external party is involved it may take longer. We will write to you within 5 days to advise you of this)
Standard 5: Complaints
- inform you of our complaints and appeals procedure
- acknowledge receipt of a complaint within 5 working days
- respond to a complaint within 20 working days unless an outside organisation is
Floating Support/Tenancy Support Schemes
Under the Supporting People programme, Apex provides a floating support service to its vulnerable tenants and housing applicants.
This service aims to encourage and assist people to live independently and sustain their tenancy.